WHO ARE THESE QUALIFICATIONS FOR INTERNAL QUALITY ASSURERS (IQAs)
There are three qualifications in quality assuring assessment, these are:
- Level 4 Award in Understanding the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice £425 (Knowledge only)
- Level 4 Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice £725 (for most IQAs in a practical role)
- Level 4 Certificate in Leading the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice £850 (for IQAs that also have a centre management role)
All the above require the ‘trainee IQA’ to be working with An Approved Assessment Centre and have access to at least two assessors to quality assure except the Award in Understanding the Principle and Practice.
WHAT DOES EACH PROGRAMME INVOLVE
- Initial assessment to ensure a match to the correct assessing qualification
- Induction and initial training with an experienced QED trainer/assessor
- Dedicated E-learning modules for the Units in your qualification to cover all underpinning knowledge and direct practical work
- Smart Assessor E-portfolio for collating evidence for the qualification
- Assessment in the workplace/classroom where quality assurance happens
- Support and guidance
- City & Guilds fees
Most learners complete the programme and assessments over a period of 4-8 months providing they have access to active assessors with learners.
** Trainee IQAs may either be quality assuring recognised qualifications e.g. QCF or other In-house programmes.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS
The qualifications are a requirement for many quality assurers to enable them to work on accredited programmes. The certificates are widely recognised and enable IQAs to work with qualifications they are ‘occupationally competent in’. This may increase opportunities for employment.
HOW WILL I BE ASSESSED
Depending on which qualification you are best suited to you will be assessed through a combination of observation, questions, assignments and documentary evidence stored in an E-portfolio.
VENUE AND FEES
Fees are indicated above against each qualification per head + Vat, training is delivered in-house for organisations with groups or one to one for individuals incorporating both E-learning and coaching.
Discounts for group bookings and installment options available.