WHO ARE THESE QUALIFICATIONS FOR
There are four qualifications in assessing, these are:
- Level 3 Award in Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment £425 (knowledge only not practical)
- Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment £725 (for those assessing in real working environments)
- Level 3 Award in Assessing Vocationally Related Achievement £725 (for those assessing in college/training environments)
- Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement £850 (for those assessing in both workplace and college/training environments)
All the above require the ‘trainee assessor’ to be working with An Approved Assessment Centre and have access to learners except the Award in Understanding the Principle and Practice.
WHAT DOES EACH PROGRAMME INVOLVE
- Initial assessment to ensure a match to the correct assessing qualification
- Induction and initial training with an experienced QED trainer/assessor
- Dedicated E-learning modules for the Units in your qualification to cover all underpinning knowledge and direct practical work
- Smart Assessor E-portfolio for collating evidence for the qualification
- Assessment in the workplace/classroom
- Support and guidance
- City & Guilds fees
Most learners complete the programme and assessments over a period of 3-6 months providing they have access to active learners.
** Trainee assessors may either be assessing recognised qualifications e.g. QCF or other In-house programmes.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS
The qualifications are a requirement for many assessors to enable them to work with learners on accredited programmes. The certificates are widely recognised and enable assessors to work with qualifications they are ‘occupationally competent in’. This may increase opportunities for employment.
HOW WILL I BE ASSESSED
Depending on which qualification you are best suited to you will be assessed through a combination of observation, questions, assignments and documentary evidence stored in an E-portfolio.
VENUE AND FEES
Fees are indicated above against each qualification per head + Vat, training is delivered in-house for organisations with groups or one to one for individuals incorporating both E-learning and coaching.
Discounts for group bookings and installment options available.